A Fresh Approach to Clinical Trial Marketing
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as many as 86% of clinical trials in the US fail to meet their patient recruitment goals.
The financial effects of this can be tremendous – $37,000 in operational costs and between $600,000 and $8,000,000 in lost opportunity costs for each day of delay.
The industry is also failing to keep up with technology trends, which is especially problematic as younger generations become primary targets for trial recruitment in coming years.
Out With the Old
Banner ads, traditional media placements, radio ads, cookie-cutter patient websites, and explanations of complex science the average person struggles to understand are still mainstays of clinical trial recruitment. It can be overwhelming. Hundreds of thousands of dollars go wasted, with little to show for it.
It’s Time for a Change
We combine principles of consumer-oriented design, content, messaging and channel optimization with the sensitive nature of any condition, the science behind it and emerging treatments, and the regulatory environment surrounding trials, to transform the look and feel of clinical trial awareness and recruitment for the future.
Investment in research for insights, tailored and friendly messaging, a focused website, creative branding and content, coupled with hyper-targeted advertising can lead to exponential value in awareness, education, recruitment, and ultimately trial success.
Creating a seamless digital-social ecosystem and inviting experience for patients is key to erasing the stigma and attracting potential trial candidates in a way that is welcoming, warm and forward-looking – evolving from the typical clinical, sterile feel of the past.
Capabilities and Approach
- Social Listening and Research for Insights with R.A.D.A.R. can help us better understand the day-to-day life of patients, what they’re seeking and how we can speak their language. We dive deep to identify what patients and caregivers talk about, find gaps in the information available online and help to uncover the right messages, content, platforms and formats by which to deliver a fresh, new and engaging experience.
- Branding, Look and Feel around clinical trials can help transform the usual “sterile” medical and scientific content into an inviting brand with helpful, content across multiple touch-points. This provides a streamlined experience to raise awareness, educate, facilitate doctor-patient conversations and action.
- Creative Content Educates patients and their families in pragmatic, consumable ways. We use common language to explain the benefits of studies and the science via graphics, animated videos and other multimedia content. Our goal is to raise awareness and shift perception to exaplain that studies are safe, beneficial and potentially offer access to treatment for those who really need it. With that, we leverage insights to focus language and content in ways that resonate with those suffering from any particular condition, explaining the promising science ahead.
- Social Media and Google Search Ads provide unparalleled targeting capabilities to help reach the right patients, caregivers, families and healthcare professionals at a time when they are actively seeking information or looking to make a decision.
- Websites Complete the 360 Degree Ecosystem by providing an accessible destination for those seeking information and take action. After a Google search or a click on a social media ad, patients are likely motivated to learn more. Multimedia content, accessible conversation starters and guides to streamline conversations with a nurse or doctor can all help facilitate moving closer to becoming part of a study.
Interested in how Digital and Social Media can help Clinical Studies and Trials? Get in Touch with the form below or email GetInTouch@bkdigital.nyc